Call for projects #NarrarElFuturo 2023
Do you have a film or new media project? You’re in the perfect place, we’re looking for you!
(¿Buscas la convocatoria de películas y proyectos de nuevos medios en español? Acá la encuentras)
#NarratingTheFuture: X Film & New Media Festival is a meeting point for exhibition, training and industry where local, national and regional industry professionals interested in filmmaking and audiovisual in its most recent and interesting narrative and technical trends within the digital environment meet; transmedia, web and interactive documentaries, virtual reality (VR/AR/XR), webseries, artificial intelligence, futurisms, narratives and crowdsourcing/funding, vertical video and other film and new media concepts are some of the Festival’s thematic axes.
Similarly, during the event, development and creation scenarios are carried out such as the #NewMediaLab, Ibero-American laboratory for the development of new media projects and the #HackathonVR360, which this year reaches its eighth edition.
We also open the doors to the Colombian and international creative industry to create meeting and conversation points around ongoing projects: 10 tips to #NarrarElFuturo, speed networking sessions and the launch of the Hispanic American Projects Database and the new media industry manual are some of the activities in which attendees from the industry area will be able to participate in this new version.
During the 10th version -which takes place from September 5 to 10 in person at various venues in Bogota (Colombia)- attendees will enjoy more than 55 hours of film and digital content, 100 hours of training scenarios, 40 international and national guests and a broad and diverse spectrum of topics, processes and projects under construction and development.
Rules 10th #NarrarelFuturo: Film & New Media Festival
The programming of #NarrarElFuturo navigates every year in a programmatic narrative that aims to generate a constant dialogue between traditional cinematographic narratives and the most current trends that experiment from technology, digital, immersive and interactive.
In this new edition, faithful to the evident and inevitable changes brought by the pandemic, we will enhance the reengineering applied to our programming and curatorial concept during the 2022 version and maintain the strengthening and projection of the film programming as previously done with the new media programming.
With this in mind and with the concept of «THE FUTURE» as the structural basis of our curatorial narrative this year we maintain and enhan
SECTION «STORIES OF THE FUTURE» (Films)
Section with a focus on film projects (Short and Feature Films), we are looking for films that speak and connect with the future in many ways; we want, of course, fantasy, futuristic and science fiction films, the most obvious ones, but we also want to see many other looks at the future from the most varied formats, genres, themes and narratives.
The participating films must speak of the future, of the many possibilities that come in this new era, of all those possible universes that opened up with the quasi-end of the world that we have been living globally in the last few years.
– Best Colombian Film*.
– Best Fiction Feature Film
– Best Fiction Short Film
– Best Documentary Feature Film
– Best Documentary Short Film
– Best Impact Film*.
*Full-length and short films participate.
SECTION «THE FUTURE IS NOW» (New Media)
Section focusing on new media projects and digital narratives. This section includes projects that use technologies, trends or formats around the concept of «New Media»: Digital Documentaries, Webseries, Transmedia Narratives, Immersive Experiences (VR/AR/MR), Podcast, vertical cinema and collective projects (Crowdfunding/Crowdsourcing).
– Best Digital Documentary (Web/Interactive/Expanded)
– Best Webseries (Fiction and Documentary)
– Best Transmedia Narrative
– Best Immersive Experience (VR, AR, MR)
– Best Podcast (Fiction and Documentary)
– Best New Media Project in Development (#NewMediaLab Winner)
– Best Vertical Film (Fiction and Documentary)
– Best #NewMediaForGood Project
– Best Film and Artificial Intelligence experience
2. PARTICIPATION SCHEME
– Projects in both categories can be submitted through the two official platforms: Festhome and Filmfreeway. Material and content received via email or other platforms will not be taken into account in the jury’s evaluation.
– Both sections receive content in real image, animation or hybrid format and are open to any genre and duration as long as they comply with the concept defined in the festival’s curatorial concept.
– The copies to be requested for each work selected for the festival must have a minimum resolution of Full HD format for cinematographic works or traditional audiovisual content (2D) and a minimum of 4K for VR works, Video 360 or other immersive formats.
– The producers or owners of the exhibition rights of the registered and selected works accept and confirm their participation in the 10th version of #NarrarElFuturo and related festivals without payment of exhibition rights.
– Films and new media projects submitted to this edition must not have been premiered before January 1, 2021.
– All selected participants whose work is in a language other than Spanish must provide a copy of their project with Spanish subtitles or dubbing. The costs of such subtitling or dubbing are the responsibility of each creator.
– The producers of the selected works agree to sign the exhibition rights assignment forms and to provide the various press and communication materials such as posters, trailers, technical specifications, press kits, and stills of the project, among others.
– Participants from selected Ibero-American countries agree that the general information of their selected work and materials will be included in the Ibero-American database of film and new media projects managed by #NarrarElFuturo.
– Opening of entries: April 26, 2023
– Closing date for the first stage: June 4, 2023
– Closing date for the second stage of registration: July 4, 2023
– Publication of the official selection: August 4, 2023
– Exhibition of selected projects: September 5 – 10, 2023
– Publication of Winners: September 10, 2023
4. SELECTION PROCESS AND JURY COMMITTEE
Once registration closes, all projects received will be submitted to a selection committee composed of jurors with extensive experience in each of the categories proposed. This jury committee will remain anonymous until the award date when their names and experience will be revealed. The decisions of this committee are final.
The confirmed prizes to be offered to winners of each section are:
– Statuette #NarrarElFuturo (#NarrarElFuturo)
– Diploma and Certificate
– Consultancies with experts related to the project in development categories.
*Other possible prizes with partners in the process of management.
Doubts, questions or additional information can be requested at email@example.com or in our contact form.